Terms of Service
This agreement was written in English (US).
Date of Last Revision: August 17, 2015
Please read the Terms of Service
carefully. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the iorbix.com website, iOrbix or iOrbix Mobile
, you represent and agree that (1) you are at least 13 years of age, (2) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree with the Terms of Service
and the Cookies
These Terms of Service governs our relationship with users and others who interact with iOrbix. By using or accessing iOrbix, you agree to this Statement.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on iOrbix, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy
and profile settings
. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with iOrbix ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that everyone, including people off of iOrbix, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about iOrbix, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep iOrbix safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam), post advertisements or solicitations of business on iOrbix.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or access iOrbix, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on iOrbix.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing or advertising or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway or sweepstakes ("promotion") on iOrbix without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion and will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not use iOrbix to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working of iOrbix, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Fan or Fictional Profiles
A profile is considered Fan or Fictional if its name, profile photo and personal information do not belong to the owner of the account and the profile does not impersonate another person. If the fictional profile contains photos from another person, any descriptions in the photos and in the profile must be explicit that the person in the photos is not the owner of the account. The owner of the account will only post photos from another person with the consent and authorization of the person in the photos. Fan or Fictional profiles contain a warning at the top explaining that the profile does not belong to the owner of the account. Posts created by these profiles contain an icon that makes it easier to identify a Fan or Fictional profile. If the warning and the icon are not present, then the profile is considered a Real profile.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on iOrbix that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant iOrbix all of the license rights granted herein.
- You will not publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage iOrbix or any third party.
- We can remove any content or information you post on iOrbix if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on iOrbix.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
Registration and Account Security
iOrbix users with a profile that is not considered Fan or Fictional provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will have only up to one Real profile on iOrbix. You may have more than one Fan or Fictional profile, as long as it is not abusive and does not damage iOrbix in any way.
- You will not replace your account with another one in order to be able to contact people who blocked you on your previous accounts.
- You will not provide any false personal information on iOrbix on your Real profile, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not impersonate another person.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling a shared message, comment, message or post to an advertiser).
- You will not use iOrbix if you are under 13.
- You will not use iOrbix if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- You may cancel your account at any time by accessing this iOrbix page and following the instructions there.
Monitoring and Reports
iOrbix has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any and all activity on iOrbix. iOrbix also has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate the reports of improper conduct. iOrbix may remove any user submission or terminate any user account or ban any user at any time for any action in violation of the Terms of Service including, for conduct detrimental to other users or iOrbix, or for any other reason that in iOrbix's sole discretion warrants such termination.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on iOrbix, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
By submitting a Profile Skin to be accepted into the Official iOrbix Profile Skin Gallery, you agree that:
- The skin design does NOT contain:
- Copyrighted material
- Offensive, violent or promotional content
- Pictures containing people
- You give full rights and permissions of that Profiles Skin design and its components to iOrbix.
Virtual Currency: Coins and Cash
Throughout your iOrbix experience, you may accumulate "Coins" and buy "Cash". These are the two types of Virtual Currency on iOrbix, which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of iOrbix when, as, and if allowed by iOrbix. Coins and Cash are fictional currencies used in iOrbix and it may only be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the user's account or other on-site features. iOrbix may charge fees for the right to use Coins and Cash, or may distribute Coins and Cash without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, Coins and Cash represent a limited license right governed solely under these Terms or Service. Any virtual currency on iOrbix has no real value, and is not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from iOrbix at any time. As a condition of using iOrbix and accumulating Coins or Cash, you agree that iOrbix has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Coins or Cash, including the Coins or Cash in your account, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that iOrbix will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Upon your closing of your account or the termination of your account by iOrbix as provided in these Terms of Service, you understand that your limited license to use Coins or Cash will be terminated and that no sum shall be due and owing to you for the Coins or Cash accumulated in your inventory or account. Notwithstanding any other language to the contrary, as used in these Terms of Service and throughout iOrbix in the context of Cash transfers: the term "transfer" in the feature "Transfer Cash" means "to transfer for consideration to another iOrbix user the licensed right to use Cash in accordance with these Terms of Service". iOrbix may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Cash transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms of Service or other laws or regulations, to conform with revisions to these Terms of Service, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with iOrbix, such as creating multiple secondary accounts strictly to accumulate Coins or Cash by using site features and then funneling it to a singular account.
Modification of these Terms
If you are dissatisfied with this website or any aspect of it, you may email us at our email
iOrbix and all staff of iOrbix will not be held responsible for (1) any content generated by iOrbix users or (2) content that exists through any links posted on the iOrbix website.
iOrbix and all images associated with iOrbix are © Copyright 2016 iOrbix. All Rights Reserved.