This agreement was written in English (US).
Date of Last Revision: May 25, 2018
Please read the Terms of Service
carefully. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the iorbix.com website, iOrbix or iOrbix Mobile
, you represent and agree that (1) you are at least 13 years of age, (2) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree with the Terms of Service
and the Cookies
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form, use our services or when you log into iOrbix.
- At the time you sign up for an account, we collect basic details you provide to us, such as your name, e-mail address, sex and birth date.
- When you log in, create a post, write a comment or use our services, we may save some details, such as your IP and device you are using.
- When you upload a photo, we may save some details such as the location of the photo.
- When you make a payment, we may save some transaction details such as the item you purchased, your payment amount and PayPal public details. We do not have access to your credit card information and we do not save any details of it.
- We may collect information about your device and browser, such as what modern web technologies your browser supports, your operating system and your browser name. We do not have access to your computer username, password or personal files.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs, ensure we provide you with website features that your browser supports, and provide you support when you need help from us.
- To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. These details also help us in knowing our community better and ensure that we take the right decisions when we make changes or implement something new.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- To process transactions
Your payment information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or entity for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To protect our community
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information:
- We store your passwords using an encryption algorithm specifically designed for this purpose. We have no way of knowing what your password is, using the data we store in our database.
- We are constantly checking that our applications and servers are secure, doing our best to prevent unwanted individuals from taking control of our systems or gaining access to private data.
- We encrypt our server and database backups as a way of protecting your data better.
- We use HTTPS/SSL (secure connection) on iOrbix, which means that your activity is encrypted and private.
- We don't use insecure protocols to administrate our server, database or emails. We also try our best to disable the usage of insecure protocols.
- We don't share your personal information without your permission (unless required by law).
- We restrict access to personal information only to the Admins of iOrbix. Moderators and Staff (other than the Admins) may have access only to the information that they need to know in order to process it for us (such as dealing with Reports of public posts and replies). Moderators and Staff (other than the Admins) do not have access to your private messages. Moderators and Staff are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and their role may be terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We limit the data we keep in places outside the main databases, such as logs, documents, notes, emails and conversations. If any of these require any personal identifiable information, we only add the data we need for each specific scenario, and we destroy that data when we don't need it anymore. This helps greatly in preventing against data breaches.
Yes, just like many other websites. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your device's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow that in its settings) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Information shared with partners
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users interact with our services, such as what pages are most visited and what links are not used.
We only share the minimum required information with our partners. We do not intentionally share any personal identifiable information with our partners.
This means that the data we share with our partners isn't enough to identify our users. We don't intentionally share private data such as your email, username, user ID, private messages, etc...
With Google Analytics, we only make stats of the URLs/links our users visit and some of the buttons or links being pressed, without linking any of these stats or events to our users individually.
Google AdSense only has access to pages that can be publicly seen by members of iOrbix. For example, if a post can be seen by a common iOrbix member, then Google AdSense will be able to view it; however, Google AdSense cannot view any of your private messages.
Google - How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services
Google Analytics - Opt-out
Google AdSense - Opt out of seeing personalized ads
How do we retain and access information?
We may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms. When you delete your contents, your removed content may persist in the database and backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Your account settings and email notifications
When you register on iOrbix, you are automatically subscribed to the email notifications of its basic features.
However, you may disable some or all notifications via your Account Settings - Email Preferences
On that page, you can edit your account preferences. If you no longer wish to use or have access to that particular account on iOrbix, you may cancel your account at any time by accessing your Account Settings, then Leave iOrbix and following the instructions there. After your account has been set to hiatus, you can complete the process to cancel your account. Once canceled, it can no longer be reactivated.
Profiles on iOrbix are set, by default, to be visible by everyone, including people who are not registered on iOrbix.
This setting can be changed through your Account Settings. You can set your profile visibility to Friends only.
If your profile visibility is set to Public, everyone will be able to see your public comments, shared messages, blog posts, public photos, gifts and other contents that are not private.
Sharing Posts on iOrbix
When you share a message (through the Sharing Box from the homepage or your profile), you control the audience, between Public (everyone can see it) or Friends (only people from your Friends List can see it).
This setting will change its behavior depending on your profile visibility. A post targeting the Public audience will not be visible by everyone if your profile visibility is set to Friends. A post targeting the Friends audience will be visible by people on your Friends List only. If an Album visibility is set to Friends, the visibility of the photo will be to people on your Friends List only. This also means that the post will not appear in the news feed of people who are not on your Friends List.
Sharing Photos on iOrbix
The visibility of the photos you upload on your profile depend on the Album you post into. If an Album visibility is set to Friends, the visibility of the photo will be to people on your Friends List only. This also means that updates about that photo (upload or comments) will not appear in the news feed of people who are not on your Friends List.
Always think before you upload a photo. If someone provides the direct link (URL) to a person that is not on your Friends List, that person will be able to see the photo.
If album visibility is set to Everyone, this setting will change its behavior depending on your profile visibility. This means that if your profile visibility is set to Friends, then the photos in the album will be visible by people on your Friends List only.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback regarding these sites.
We do not intentionally gather personal information of users and visitors who are under the age of 13.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions
section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
We reserve the right to revise our policies at any time without notice.
iOrbix and all staff of iOrbix will not be held responsible for (1) any content generated by iOrbix users or (2) content that exists through any links posted on the iOrbix website.
iOrbix and all images associated with iOrbix are © Copyright 2019 iOrbix. All Rights Reserved.