As many of you have already noticed, the New iOrbix was finally released to everyone since May 10, 2014!
There were MANY drastic changes on iOrbix to make it a better social network. We tell you everything in this post.
[b]Everything that existed in the old iOrbix is still in the new iOrbix. The new iOrbix has LOADS of improvements and new features![/b]
We worked very hard to deliver an improved iOrbix. There were many things not working very well before, so we made sure that we would only release the new iOrbix if it worked perfectly and we were happy using it ourselves. If you want my honest opinion, I *love* the New iOrbix ^D !! We were really excited and anxious to release the new iOrbix for everyone to be able to enjoy all the new features and improvements. We felt REALLY BAD for our mobile users, because the Old iOrbix Mobile was a real useless thing... but the New iOrbix Mobile is a lot more complete and has almost everything now, including Chat!
The changes list is very large, but I went through it and picked up the most important changes. Here's a summary:
[med]The main drastic improvements[/med]
- We made all iOrbix consistent. Profiles with Skins are not different anymore than common profiles. The Log In page is now consistent with the rest of iOrbix.
- Removed *A LOT OF* code, simplifying everything and making iOrbix much lighter internally!
- Profiles load a lot faster!
- Our header is now fixed to the screen and improved. We were really missing this on the old iOrbix!
- Fixed every bug we found on iOrbix!
- We tried to improve usability in everything we thought it was hard for users to do or access.
- iOrbix has less advertisements.
- All Sidebar menus were improved. Also, all items have an icon, to make sure you find things easily.
- Added Sidebars to pages that were missing one.
- Made iOrbix more compatible with Touch screens.
- Improved iOrbix URL format and page names. iOrbix URLs are a lot better.
[med]A few of the things we fixed[/med]
- Improved and fixed the News Feed. It had a lot of problems.
- Improved how sidebars scroll, making it easier to reach what you want.
- Fixed many problems with iOrbix Messenger (Chat).
- Allow open Search Engine auto-completed results in a new tab.
- Made it easier to set up the Real Name. We removed the "Charset" thing and allow all valid name characters now.
- Save option that you don't want to share your messages on Facebook/Twitter.
- Did we say already that we fixed many other things? This list would never end!!
[med]The New Features[/med]
- New "Fun" page, containing most of our main features. http://iorbix.com/fun
- New feature "Get Notifications" on updates of a friend. There's also a page with Subscriptions! http://iorbix.com/friends-subscribed
- Implemented "Verified Account". You can verify your account through the Account Settings. Do it now! http://iorbix.com/settings-account?tab=verified
- Implemented iOrbix Color Schemes.
- Implemented Edit Thumbnail feature.
- Up and Down keys will now work when searching for friends in Auto-Complete fields, like Search Engine, Send Gift, Photo Tag, etc...
- New TODO list for new users.
- New page "All Photos" that merges all the albums and respects privacy.
- Option to subscribe to new Forum Topics.
- Implemented new codes for text formatting (separator, center text, headings, quote, etc...).
- Implemented "Preview Comment" feature.
[med]The New iOrbix Messenger (Chat)[/med]
- iOrbix Messenger was totally recoded, making it functioning better, faster, using less memory and adding more features.
- Allow non-friends to chat in iOrbix Messenger.
- Added more useful shortcuts to the chat windows and contact list.
- Implemented Online People pages, including Everyone, Friends, Offline and Recent Chats.
- New utility "Minimize all Chat Windows".
- Chat Windows can now be closed with ESC.
- You can use TAB and SHIFT + TAB to iterate over Chat Windows.
- Added @Mention in global chat mini window.
- Don't type "bobagem", "foolish" or "disparate" in the Chat to anyone!!
- You can now view a list of recent conversations you had on iOrbix.
- We put Chat buttons almost everywhere on iOrbix to be easy to begin a chat with someone.
- When a user is online, we have the online status showing in many places.
- The contact list can stay fixed in the screen.
- We improved the synchronization between browser tabs.
- A lot more improvements and new features!
[med]The New Public Wall (News Feed)[/med]
- Improved Forum updates, always displaying the original post when someone replies; displays a Join button; etc...
- Forum Polls now appear in the posts with polls.
- Improved Blog updates, always displaying the original post when someone replies; improved the Reblogs; etc...
- Manage groups from the News Feed.
- Lots of other small, but important, improvements in most activity update types.
[med]Existing features, now improved[/med]
- Our Log In page now has more interesting stuff, like People and Games.
- Improved our Search Engine. It now contains everything together and new search filters.
- Badges on Profile will include Completed iOrbix Quest.
- Improved Likes counters.
- Revamped Homepage, Profile Comments, Top Model pages.
- Uniformed all Forums pages.
- Forum Admins can now edit closed topics.
- You can now Edit Bookmarks.
- On reblogged contents, there will now be a link to the original post, if it still exists.
- Improved Messages Center.
- Top Model winners will only need to wait 6 months, not 12.
- Better distinction between real and fictional profiles, to prevent any confusion.
- Lots of improvements in the Email Delivery.
- "Clear Search" in Private Messages.
- Improved Anonymous Questions.
- Improvements in the account sign up.
- Added Skype and Instagram as a contact in Profile.
- Set your mood individually for each shared message.
- More characters allowed in the shared messages. Larger photo descriptions allowed as well.
- Better and more competitive profile counters.
- New webcam photo uploader, for those who don't have Flash installed.
[med]The New iOrbix Mobile[/med]
We implemented many of the iOrbix features on Mobile, that our users were really missing in the old version!
- Added Hugs.
- Added Anonymous Questions.
- Added Profile Visitors and Favorites.
- Implemented Edit Profile, Account Settings and Registration.
- Implemented full Timeline page.
- Implemented Like on Mobile.
- Added "Forgot my Password" and "Reset Password".
- Improved News Feed on Mobile. Added "See More" and Filters to News Feed.
- When Deleting something on Mobile, it will now confirm with an alert.
- Show when a user is Fictional.
- Added useful shortcuts in some pages to improve usability.
- Use Ajax to prevent reloading everything when changing pages and sending comments, Likes, etc.
- Improved Search on iOrbix.
- Implemented real-time Notifications.
- Implemented iOrbix Messenger.
- Improved Photo management.
- I'm sure I forgot many other things... :)
There are loads of other things that we have done, but I didn't include in this list. Many of them are so technical that you would probably not understand, but you can trust that everything improved iOrbix very much!
And we are not done!! We are also still working daily and there's more coming soon:
- [b]Android application.[/b]
- We are still working on the New iOrbix Layout that Andrew revealed here: http://iorbix.com/forum-topic?fid=16834141937&tid=4016&name=iOrbix-Global-Forum&topic=The-New-iOrbix-Layout---Preview
- Allow users to choose between Everyone or Friends in the sidebar (our users have been requesting that on the new iOrbix).
- ... and some surprizes (new features) that we can't reveal for now! ;)
Please tell us what you think about the new iOrbix. If you have any suggestion, please do not hesitate to tell us about it :)